Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Thinking of having Tom go to school on the school bus. The driver of the taxi we were in this morning moaned for the 20 mins we were stuck in traffic. Why can't the drivers just be calm and get on with it I don't know. It's not as if this isn't a daily problem.

Anyway, I promise not to moan about taxis next time I write! Tom was good about going to school and when he got to his classroom, he was greeted with a chorus of 'Hi Thomas' from his classmates and his Chinese teacher, Julia, was there yet again with her cheerful welcome. And this time we managed to say goodbye and he was good about that too.

Then off I went for my 24th Week doctor's appointment. I had the one off blood tests and I have to say the nurse who took my blood was excellent - I didn't feel any pain and she made no mistakes. Ultra sound scan showed baby is 610g, active (I suppose I won't like it either if I was trying to sleep and someone kept poking at me) and healthy. My weight is 60kg which is good news - at this same stage when I was pregnant with Tom I was already 64kg with 4 months to go - and the doctor thought it was a good steady weight gain (I only gained 1 kg since my last appointment). Spent all morning at Amcare and my assigned nurse (I am assigned a nurse as she is one of two who can speak English) Sherry was very helpful. After the ultrasound scan I had an ECG then they took my blood for the second time (this time for glucose which I had to drink up an hour before hand), had a glass of warm milk curtesy of Amcare then went to fetch Tom.

He looked tired when I got there and I think seeing that the rest of the class were already in their little beds ready for naptime he was sleepy too. Today, he ate half his lunch and was good apart from throwing sand, some of which landed on his classmate Alex's face. Friday they are going for a half day field trip to Chaoyang Park and I've decided to go so I can meet other mums and hopefully make some friends.

Just got a call from nurse Sherry and apparently my glucose readings is a little high so I have to go back on Sunday and do another round of blood test - this time they'll take my blood 4 times every hour. Why I didn't have to go through all these tests with Dr. Lim I'll never know!...Just called Dr. Lim and he doesn't think my glucose results are high. I'm just going to do the tests on Sunday to make sure although I think I am normal.

Anyway, back to Tom and school. I've now got username and pasword to get into IBS childcentre so I will be able to see the teachers' comments and see some pics of Tom and his classmates. Hoping Friday will be as nice and warm a day as today.

No comments: